Thursday, April 09, 2009

 

Grand Canyon

My mom, Kristen, and Lisa came out to visit me in sunny Arizona this past weekend. Since I live only a few hours away from the Grand Canyon and none of us have been there, we decided to take a little road trip to visit. It is unbelievable to say the least. Pictures and words don't do it justice, so if you ever get the chance to go, GO! We also took a helicopter through it which was incredible. And, lucky for us (and Peter, our helicopter pilot), Kristen and Lis kept their lunch in their stomachs :)

Here's a few pictures!
from the helicopter!

Also, today, I officially got my RIF (reduction in force) letter from my school district. Pretty much, a pink slip saying we don't have a position for you next year (because of budget cuts). It's weird, but I'm actually happy about it! This makes it much easier to tell my students and parents that I'm moving back home :) Now, just pray that I can get a teaching job in Grand Rapids!!!


Comments:
Well congrats on the RIF, I guess! Any prospects on jobs in GR yet? One of Dave's fellow teachers is married to someone who teaches in GR at an elementary (can't remember which one). I'll get Dave to try and see if there are any jobs there.
 
The pictures of the Grand Canyon look amazing! I want to go!!! We're excited for you to come to Grand Rapids (especially Carrie)- she wants more cousins in the GR area!! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?