Wednesday, March 25, 2009

 

Tara and Kim :)

If I remember correctly, Tara and Kim are both ultrasound technicians, right? I have a friend in Kalamazoo who is looking to go into that field and she's wondering where to start. Since I don't have a clue, I thought I'd come to the experts. Did you both go to school locally? How long would it take start to finish to gain a degree? Any idea what the job market there is like? I believe my friend would like to stay in that area during and after school, would she be able to get a job quickly, or are her chances better in another state?? Thanks so much for any info you can pass on to me, I really appreciate it!

PS- for anyone who didn't know, I moved to San Antonio in February. I absolutely love it here--the weather is perfect, although I miss my family and sweet lil Jenna. My boyfriend, Steve (get used to the name, you'll be seeing a LOT of him soon) will graduate from navigator training in the Air Force in May. As a bonus, here's a pic of us from our recent skydiving trip.

Miss you all :)

Comments:
Hey Suz Dog! Kim and I both went to Jackson Community College for ultrasouond school. It is an associates degree and took a total of 3 years with pre-reqs. It is a very competitive program to get into now. Also Lansing Com. Col. has a program as well as Ferris, and Grand Valley. The job market is swamped right now with techs, especially with more u/s schools in this area. My student I had from Ferris is lucky that she has a part time job in Lakeland, MI. It is a great field to go into, but the job market is not the greatest right now. I'm not sure about other states. Hope that helps.
Looks like you and Steve are having a great time!Enjoy the nice weather! Sooooo, is he invited to the Johnson Family Christmas party?
 
Thanks so much for the info Tara! Sounds like a tough industry to break into, but I bet it's worth it.
Steve is definitely coming to Christmas Eve :) get your questions ready.
 
I am still jealous that you get to live in the same city as your boyfriend. Long distance sucks!!
 
What a great picture! It makes me want to go skydiving!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?