Thursday, September 25, 2008

 

Here we go again...

I am sure many of you have heard already - James and I are expecting again. We are very excited and due April 22nd. However, we had a meeting with the high-risk doctor this morning that left us, um...a little upset... We were hoping for some positive information and a proactive plan for this pregnancy and he couldn't answer any of our questions to our satisfaction. There pretty much was nothing positive about the meeting. He thinks there is nothing we can do to prevent an infection again. Also, if the symptoms appear that I had with the boys, I asked if I could go right to the hospital and get the IV antibiotics right away (instead of days later) and he said by that time it is a lost cause. He was not very optimistic if an infection were to start but really is not willing to do much to stop one from starting in the first place. On the other hand, our infertility doctor has been great and I am on a different antibiotic and we are doing things on our own to prevent infections. So, we are asking for prayers for our pregnancy that there would be NO INFECTIONS and that our doctors would be PROACTIVE. We did have an ultrasound and the baby looks fine - I would post the picture but like a typical Kuipers baby - the picture is terrible! Maybe next time...

Comments:
We will definitely pray for that baby and for you Carrie to stay healthy and have an uneventful pregnancy!
 
You are in my prayers!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?