Friday, February 08, 2008

 

From the Freezer to the Oven...


I know many of you have already heard but I am FINALLY pregnant again. James and I actually had to go through In-Vitro Fertiliztion this time around. We had the procedure done for the first time in November - the doctor retrieved 28 eggs from me and after playing the numbers game, we decided to have them fertilize only 5 of them. All 5 were successfully fertilized so they put 2 back into me and froze the other 3. We were pregnant in November for a short time but the embryos for some reason did not survive. So...in January they "thawed" the remaining 3 embryos and put them back in me. It is a weird feeling knowing we had 3 children frozen for 2 months! Anyway, we just came back from the doctors office and I am pregnant with ONE little baby with a teeny-tiny heartbeat.

The picture is of the 3 embryos that they thawed in January. They took the picture (blown up a bazillion times) right before they transferred them back to me. The one in the middle was in the best condition so probably the one we have now. The other two were not as good but still could have worked.
Our doctor said our due date is October 5th but they of course did not include Leap Day (who can forget that???) so he changed it to October 4th!
-Carrie

Comments:
We are so excited for you guys!!!! October 7 would be a good day (that's my birthday)!!!
 
Yeah! Melodie is excited about having another cousin!
 
That is so awesome!!! Todd and I are so happy for your family---what an amazing experience and to see/hear the little heartbeat, that is such a blessing!
 
Wonderful! That's so exciting for your ever-growing family. I can't wait to meet the newest addition to the family!
 
That's so exciting for you guys! Amazing what doctors can do now. I'm praying for a healthy pregnancy for you :)
 
Congratulations, Carrie and James! What a blessing!
 
Congratulations! That is awesome. You are in our prayers for a healthy pregnancy.
 
Yeah! We're so excited for you and James! Keeping you in our prayers...
 
Congrats! Way to go embryo in the middle! What cool pictures of the dividing cells!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?