Thursday, January 31, 2008

 

We're Engaged!

For those of you who Grandma hasn't yet told, Gerry proposed this past Tuesday, January 29th! After four years of dating, Gerry decided it was time to get on bended knee and ask the big question. He did it by giving me a present. Inside the present was a picture of us in a beautful picture frame. He scanned in the picture of us, added the lyrics to our song on the bottom, then wrote, "will you..." After I read it, he got down on one knee and finished the sentence! It was so sweet.

I promptly said, "YES...did you ask my Dad if it's OK?" He said that he asked my whole family before Christmas. So, some Johnson's can keep a secret! hehehe


Gerry thinks we should get married in 2012. hehehe Really, we are thinking of getting married maybe this August. We're not sure of any details, but we'll let you know. :o)



Comments:
Yeah Tanya! Congratulations. August 18 is a good day to get married! Oh, wait that's on a Monday, but at least uncle Jerry would save on the hall!
 
Congratulations! Keep us up to date on details.
 
Congratulations Tanya and Gerry! Your ring is beautiful!!
 
Yea Tanya!! We are so excited for you!!! Keep us updated!
 
Congrats!!! Happy Planning~
 
Wait, you got two rings? That Gerry, nice guy!
 
Yes, Bob, two rings...great huh? I'm sure my Dad is pretty happy anyway.

The more I thought about it, my Dad should be proud...we got engaged on a Tuesday night. I brought a dish to pass for dinner, and was home by 10pm. Does this mean I don't have to do that for my wedding! :o)
 
Congratulations! Can't wait to see how gorgeous you will be in your wedding gown! The ring is beautiful!
 
Congrats you two!! And...HOLY ROCK :) It's beautiful!
 
I have read the story a few times and have no idea what getting two rings means....can I get clued in?
 
Congrats, Tanya! We're excited for you! When do we go dress shopping???
 
My eyes are blinded by the bling on your hand---we are so excited for you two!!!!!!
 
hahaha Laura, Bob was making fun of me posting 2 pictures of the 1 ring I have. :o)
 
Blinded by the light....:) Congratulations, Tanya and Jerry! I'm thrilled for you! Oh, and if you need a wedding coordinator, I will travel (especially to warm, sunny places like NC)! Congrats!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?