Saturday, February 17, 2007

 

Enter and Hear Jayne Swear!

Yes, it's that time of year again: the "Borgess Run for the Health of It" is taking place Saturday, April 28th in Kalamazoo. And that means it's time for the 2nd annual Johnson Family Runners to dust off their shoes and start training!

Last year, Ben, Matt, Holli, Missy, Heidi, Tara, Kristen and Jayne (who swore at her nieces during the last leg of the 1/2 marathon) ran and were cheered on by other family members. This year, we'd love to have more participants! The race includes a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles), 5K run (3.1 miles) or a 5K walk. My parents and I did the walk when I was pregnant for Levi, and it was great fun. A nice route along the way and good food at the finish!

Email me (kmjoy1@yahoo.com), post a comment, or check out the website yourself at: www.borgessrun.com for more info!

The more the merrier! (And I'll be sporting a beautiful belly bra! :))

Comments:
Sounds like a good time! Hopefully Jayne will follow through with tradition again this year by finishing the race with a colorful array of words! I'd love to join, but I found a hiking trip in the Appalachian Mountains that I'm going on.

Good Luck everyone!
 
Do they really have belly bras? I was just talking about that last week at work with a girl who runs marathons. She said that at one race there was an 8 1/2 month pregnant woman running the marathon -- to which I jokingly asked if she had a sports bra that also covered the belly. Haha. Anyway, good luck on the race! Wish I could be there to do it too!
 
yes, they do really have belly bras (and belts and all types of support for a growing belly!)
I can't believe an 8 1/2 month pregnant lady ran a marathon! Holy cow! I would think you'd need a cart in front of you holding up the belly to run such a race! :)
Good to see you at Becky's wedding!
 
I'm in, by the way. I told Matt that I was in for the half marathon- so I guess I'd better start training...
 
Count me in for the 1/2 marathon too. Now, if I could just get a snow plow through our street...
 
i had a good excuse last year of being on the beach in new zealand, and now i feel i don't have an excuse. oh wait, yes i do. that's the peak of prom season and i can't take work off. oh shoot. guess i'll just have to do it next year.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?