Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Go Tigers!


I have become nostalgic lately, as my obsession with the Tiger's keeps me up every night watching the World Series. Normally a lukewarm sports fan, I found myself throwing a shoe across the room last night when the Cardinal's scored runs 3-4 against us. And, of course, I have been thinking about Grandpa. Watching the Tiger's evokes memories of stopping by the house on Winton Avenue to see Grandpa sitting in his rocking chair watching the game, or being at the Cottage and seeing him watch the game on a little black-and-white tv. I couldn't figure out why he would want to watch baseball when he could swim out to the dock all by himself without a life-jacket. I called Grandma the night the Tiger's won the pennant, and we talked about baseball for a while. She sent me these pictures in the mail to scan onto the blog. Go get 'em Tigers!

Comments:
Oh man, I'm so glad that I asked Grandma for those pictures! :) Love you Miss!
 
Great memories and great pictures which should mean a great ending for the Tigers!
 
I'm sure Grandpa and Ernie Harwell are talking all about the games. After all, they have the best seats in the house!
 
Great pictures! Thanks for posting them! I have to say that the Cards became my adopted team when I met Chris (who is from St. Louis) because both the Tigers and the Rockies weren't so good. I find myself rooting for the Cards and think Grandpa would've liked a good family rivalry :)
 
Missy,
Aren't you glad that Grandma has so many pictures? Lot's of memories for the family, however, Grandpa needs to help out the ol' Tig's with all those errors!
 
Thanks for scanning in the pictures, they're great! I still have a soft spot for the Tigers because of Grandpa!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?