Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

Gavin's Barber Shop

Hi all,
More pictures to share.
It started early this morning when McKenna woke me up to tell me that the upstairs bathroom door was locked. I thought that it was wierd but at 6:00 AM I didn't investigate any further after I picked the lock to let McKenna in. Later, after Kristen was out of the shower she went to get Gavin because he leaves first with Kristen. Kristen instantly noticed something different with Gavin's hair. She asked him if he slept on it funny. As she got closer she noticed chunks of hair missing all over his head! It turns out he woke up early to give himself a haircut. He thought by hiding the evidence, by locking the bathroom door, we wouldn't notice his new haircut (picture 1). So I was giving a haircut at 7:00 AM (results are on picture 2). He is now ready for basic training.
Doug

Comments:
Doug asked if someone with a faster computer could post this.

I think this is so funny! Jeff only has one thing to say: GO NAVY!
 
Love the story and the pics! He is getting so big!
 
At least this was your own child doing it. My granddaughters did it and I had to wait till the parents got home to fess up that I'm not a good babysitter!! Jill
 
OK, so I have a confession to make. I played barber shop when I was 5 years old I think. I cut my bangs (very crooked I may add) in the middle of the night. The next morning my mom looked at me in horror and said "what did you do?) I can still remember it to this day. I did not cut my own hair again.
 
haha great story. I think you should have left what Gavin did...he did a pretty good job haha
 
I love it!!! I notice the pout before and then the big smile on his face after. How funny! My kids have endured hair-horror stories as well. Fortunately it grows back quickly - no harm done but with lots of teasing later!
 
Great look Gavin! OK- another confession. I also cut my bangs off- right before Aunt Joyce's wedding- which I was in (remember the pink and grey dresses?). I thought my mom wouldn't notice, but as soon as she saw me she yelled "DON"T YOU TOUCH ONE HAIR ON YOUR HEAD UNTIL AFTER JOYCY'S WEDDING!!!!" Why do kids do these things?
 
hahaha, everyone has to experiment once in a while. I'm glad to know he's creative!!!!!

I remember sitting in the basement hiding from Mom when Holli told Suzi and I that our barbies needed hair cuts....we cut off every Barbie's hair. Mom said they hardly evensold in a garage sale because they were so ugly!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?