Friday, October 13, 2006

 

2nd Annual "Best Looking Chirstmas Tree" Contest


Yesterday's snow reminded me of an important upcoming event. You are probably aware that last year Jackie and I won the "Best Looking Chirstmas Tree" blog post in an unanamious decision, unaffected by Lisa's petty griping and Becky's phantom tree. But there is good news for all the losers out there. Please read the following contest rules closely.

This year's contest begins December 15 and all blog submissions must be uploaded by December 20. - Only 1 submission per household. - There must be a christmas tree in the blog and it must be your tree. - The blog also needs to have copy, but no more than 50 words. Note: The combination ot the picture and the copy will be judged. Poetry or a funny story about some aspect of this year's tree raising may help sway the judges. Second note: Even if you do not think you have a winner, PLEASE SUBMIT AN ENTRY.

If you want a full list of rules send me a self-addressed envelope and a check for $250.00. Winning entry will be judged with some bias but with no malice and the winner gains bragging rights for a full year for having the family's "Best Looking Christmas Tree".

Comments:
i'm winning this year
 
Note rule change #1:

If you have a really good story you may exceed the 50 word limit. The judges will then weigh the copy excess against the humor/interest enjoyment.
 
If you cut me in on the profits, we could have a winning combination...you having a tree, me having the profits from the mailed in money!

Too bad I don't even own Grandma's window sticker decorations (Kristen can I borrow yours? hehehehe) that would be my sense of decorating!
 
Tanya,
I could loan you the sticker decorations that Grandma got me for a shower gift all those years ago; however, we do require a $100 deposit on each sticker as these are very rare and difficult to replace!
:)
 
Looks like this calls for reinforcements: Jackie, are you available to decorate my tree? tee hee May I point out that the contest rules do not preclude this arrangement! :) Note that I already have a coveted treetop angel so you won't need to supply that - thanks!
 
are you sure that the stated rules don't forbid that? My, well, rather expensive set of rules that was mailed to me in my self-addressed stamped envelope, may have a sister decorating clause...then again, perhaps no such clause exists. I'll sell my set of rules for a mere $245. Just send me a self addressed stamped envelope, along with the check. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?