Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Interesting Van Ride

Hello, my name is Bob, and I'm an alien from the planet Earth. Somehow I got relocated to the planet Johnson. Early on I learned and adapted to Johnson group dynamics. For example, if it is late and time to go, the word "goodnight" signals 30 fresh ideas of things to talk about before actually leaving a house or driving away in a car. Then there is something called Johnson Meridian Time (JMT) which does not work on a sequencial basis but rather is filled with parallel universes. When it gets late a group of females may suddenly and cohesively adapt string theory, slipping through a wormhole to another world. This happened in our recent trip to Scott Berry's wedding. To make it easier for our group to find the rehersal locatiion Jennifer rented a 15 passenger van. Riding in the way back were Jill, Jayne, Jerry, Nancy, Jim H., Judy and Joyce. Sitting in the middle were Jackie, myself and Jennifer. Up front were Janet, Helen and Marge Berry. Jim B. was driving and Jon was riding shotgun. After 4 hours of rehersal dinner, ending at 11 pm, the group loaded again into the van and drove around looking for Jim and Jen's apartment. When found the group piled out and wandered the apartment complex halls for 20 minutes, all the while the women talking non stop, echoing off the hallway walls, with the men saying "shush" "shush" but without any response from the women. We finally found the apartment, had a nice but short visit, then back to reload into the van, heading to drop off Marge. Shortly after leaving, in the depths of the back seat, Jill wisphers to Jayne "Something licked my leg!" Now you should know that a few weeks earlier Jill was traveling with Jayne and when Jill saw a live frog in Jayne's van she bolted to the front seat and sat on Jackie's lap. However this time Jill was in the way back of a 15 passenger van and couldn't get to Jackie. "There is a furry animal back here!" yell both Jill and Jayne, causing all the females to lift their legs off the floor. "Pull over Jim!" "Pull over now!" Jim, also an alien from planet Earth, does not seem to hear the repeated pleas. Finally, when he does and the light goes on, Jill remarks sheepishly "Oh, it was only the seat belt." At this point the entire van erupts in gails of histerical laughter - FOR 30 MINUTES. Just when things would start to calm down someone (usually Jim H.) would say one thing and the van would erupt again. Well, we finally drop off Marge, get back to Jennifers, Jon, Nancy, Jim H. and Judy drive back to their hotel, I go to bed, and the women stay up for another hour (if only I didn't say "Goodnight".

Comments:
hahaha sounds like you guys had a good time in Denver!
 
I am laughing so hard I am choking on my cereal...
 
So funny...
I think that David and most other husbands of my generation would agree that my lady cousins and me have inherited that "take an hour to say good night" gene! :)
Glad to hear the trip was fun and eventful! :)
 
Bob, you are one of a kind! I'm glad you are the sane one in the family!!!!!
 
Bob it wasn't me that said it was the buckle of the seatbelt, it was Jayne...I was so petrified that I wouldn't even look down on the floor but Jayne corageously did and started to laugh and told the whold group that it was the seatbelt that attacked me. I know I will never live this down but it was worth it to hear my siblings (which are from the bosom of Abraham) not aliens) laughing uncontrollably for 30 minutes. Thanks Bob for sharing to God and everyone my weeknesses!!! Just you wait till you do something out of the ordinary I will shout it from the housetops. Jill
 
Jill, dear quiet Jill, you are now officially a blogger! To tell a good story you sometimes have to be a little loose on the facts, but really in this case there was so much chaos for so long a time I probably would not have made a good witness in court. Of course it was Jayne, those last borns are always getting everyone else in trouble and not getting the whipping they deserve.
 
I didn't need a picture to "see" the scene playing out. Great job, Bob! I'm still laughing at Jerry attempting to re-tell the story to me and having trouble getting to the punchline all while still laughing - days later! This one no doubt has made the Johnson History Book.
 
Jayne...I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard remembering the whold saga!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?