Thursday, June 22, 2006

 

Racing in the Mountains

Marni, Turbo and I are headed to Park City, Utah tonight for the E100 12 Hour endurance mountain bike race. It's a 12 hour solo race with 10 mile long laps and 1313 vertical feet of climbing per lap. As if that wasn't enough I'm racing in the singlespeed catagory which means I have only 1 gear the whole 12 hours. I'm hoping to ride somewhere between 10 and 13 laps (100-130 miles) and I'm lucky enough to have Marni to come along as my crew.

We've been having a lot of fun riding lately and driving the new bike hauler (Element). Marni did a great job at her first race last weekend! A 5.3 mile 2062 vertical foot hill climb up the Winter Park resort ski hill. More pictures of that are on my blog. The attached pictures are of us on a little ride with friends at Red Rocks last night. It was really beautiful. Wish me luck this weekend!

Comments:
For anyone curious, Chris did great on his race in Park City this weekend. He got 3rd in the single speed category and did 11 laps for 12 hours and 9 minutes. He also would've gotten 2nd or 3rd in his age group even against geared bikes. We had a lot of fun and he did really well!
 
Marni, How did you do on your race? Did it rain like you were hoping it would?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?