Thursday, June 08, 2006

 

Coming from a Land Down Under

G'day everyone! Just thought I'd give a final update on my life in the South Pacific. Everything is still going wonderfully :) My parents came to visit a few weeks ago which was awesome. It was definitely good to see them, and I think they really enjoyed themselves here. My dad kept talking about how they have to come back to see more...1 week just wasn't enough! I'm now officially done with classes and am starting exams tomorrow. The exams are spread over a 2 week period and are all essays worth between 40-60% of my final grade, so I've been doing quite a bit of studying. Classes actually ended last week, so this week was study break. I decided (along with 4 friends) that the optimum place to study would be on a beach in Australia. So, we went :) We went to Cairns, which is in the North East part of Australia. It was absolutely gorgegous! Beautiful weather (I got a great tan haha), palm trees, and, the best part, THE GREAT BARRIER REEF!! I got to snorkel there and it was really cool. So many colorful fish and coral. I cut my knee on a piece of coral and my knee got somewhat puffy, but it was ok. I also got stung by either a baby jelly fish or sea lice in my butt. That hurt, but I survived. All in all, it was a great study break (and , yes, I DID study!) So now, I just have 4 exams, turning 21, an All Blacks Game (rugby), Tahiti, and HOME! I'm so excited to see everyone! I miss you all so much!

A little prayer request, too. My friend, Jackie, who is from New Jersey and goes to Villanova who studied here with me left yesterday to go home due to a medical condition. It's nothing too serious, but if you could pray that everything goes ok with the doctors in the States, that would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Pointing to a sign on the beach in Australia that warns about Crocodiles, stingers, and sharks in the swimming area...don't worry...I still went in :)

Me, Dana, Jackie, Ashley, and I in Palm Cove, Australia (after swimming in the shark/crocs/jellyfish infested waters)


That's what happened to my knee after cutting it on coral...gross, huh?!?!

The 'rents and me up in the Sky Tower when they came to visit me!!

The rest of my pictures are at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/Little03Heet4

Love and miss you all!
Lisa

Comments:
Aunt Lisa,
I miss you and will be waiting at the airport with Grandma and Grandpa when you arrive...
It looks like you're having lots of fun, but Mommy and Daddy won't let me look at the pictures for too long because they're afraid I might become a world traveler like my Aunt Lisa! :)
I'm excited to show you my crawl...I'm really good at it! So good, in fact, that my mom chases me around saying, "No, Levi, don't touch..." I think that means she's proud of me!
We all miss you, but have been enjoying your adventures on the blog.
Love you,
Levi
 
Lisa,
My swim suit looks good on you. :) We'll see you soon!
Holli
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?