Monday, May 01, 2006

 

We came, We saw, We conquered!


April 29, 2006 will go down in Johnson history as a day of great accomplishment...

Tara and Heidi ran and finished the 5K race with ease, grace, and a heck of a sense of style (all the ladies had on matching orange tanks and white wind breakers; according to Missy, this was to show our Dutch pride!)!

Ben and Matt both finished the 1/2 marathon in great time (well under 2 hours!) and although Matt battled some knee problems, they both looked strong at the finish!

And, Missy, Holli, Kristen and Jayne crossed the finish line of the 1/2 marathon hand in hand, arms raised, singing praises to Jesus for getting them through! (Although a half mile back, Jayne had some choice words for her "encouraging" nieces! :))

We hope to have even more family runners and fans (thanks to Tony, Isaac, David, Levi, Jerry, Sherri, Sherri's mom, and Ben's family for the encouragement at the end) at next year's event. A good time was had by all!

Comments:
Great job guys! If I lived there, or closer, I would've loved to have been there with you. Now that you are all in such great shape, come join me for my first mountain bike race in June. You could do it! Jayne - I'm exceptionally impressed with you, great job!
 
Great joob everyone. I look forward to seeing you at the 5/3 River Bank run in two weeks. It's only two more miles than last Saturday. I know all of you can do it!

Dave
 
Congrats to all of you guys! That's amazing...wish I could have been there to see it all b/c there is no way I could run all that! Good job!
 
Great job girls. Maybe I'll join everyone for a marathon? eh?

-Chris
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?