Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

South Island Adventure

Hey everyone!
I just spent the last 8 days road tripping around the south island of New Zealand. It was the most incredible trip I have ever taken in my life. I've definitely seen some of God's most awesome creations! I saw beautiful mountains, waterfalls, lakes, ocean, stars, sunsets, grass, and, of course, sheep. I went bungy jumping...TWICE! Once forwards and once backwards. I'm addicted now. I'm going to do it again off the bridge in Auckland soon :) I also hiked the steepest glacier in the world (Franz Josef) and got to jump over crevices. I also went kayaking 18K in Abel Tasmin which was amazing. All around, it was wonderful. I'll let the pics speak for themselves :)
This is what the rest of my time here is like:
2 weeks of classes
My mom and dad come for a week!!!!
2 more weeks of class
exams spread over 3 weeks and maybe a trip to Australia in there
4 days in Tahiti
HOME!

I can't believe I only have 7 more weeks left here! It's going by so fast! Miss everyone so much and I have one small request: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST SOME PICTURES OF ALL THE CUTE BABIES WE HAVE IN THIS FAMILY??? I'M GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWLS!!! Thanks :)


Jackie and I laying in the middle of the road on the way to Queenstown. There were a billion stars out so we stopped and stared...and ran out of the way of a semi truck :)


Me watching the sunset in Nelson the night before I left


A beach in Abel Tasmin Park that we stopped at during Kayaking


Me hanging on for dear life on the Franz Josef Glacier. haha not really. It looks steep, but it's not. I was just laying down and someone took a trick photograph, but we can pretend, can't we?


Me, Jackie, and Ashley watching another sunset on our way back from Milford Sound.


Mountains and the mirror lakes on the way to Milford Sound. It was so cool how clear the reflection was!

And that's me jumping off a bridge! It was 43m high and it was the first bridge that they ever did a commerical bungy jump off of.

And that's me before jumping...I was freaked out...not gonna lie.

For the rest of my pictures, I had to create yet another website. Actually 2 websites b/c I took so many :)

http://community.webshots.com/user/Little03Heet3

and

http://community.webshots.com/user/Little03Heet4

ENJOY!

Comments:
My goodness Lisa! I'm so incredibly jealous of your semester abroad. It looks like you're having an amazing time. Enjoy the next 7 weeks!!
 
Wow, Girl! I am soooo excited for you and a bit jealous of all your adventures! David was wondering if you have seen Frodo!?! :)
We miss you, but we're really glad that you're living it up for all of us who may only dream of such an experience!
We love you!!!
 
The picture of Milford Sound is amazing. I, also, am jealous of your adventures. It looks like a blast!
 
Wow Lis, those pic's were amazing! You ARE coming home, right?!? :)

I will definetly admit I am jealous of your travels, especially your Tahiti trip at the end of all this!!

miss you tons---talk with you soon!
 
Lisa, Lisa, Lisa... :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?