Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

Speech and Language Pathology Excitement!

I thought everyone may enjoy me sharing a few crazy things that can happen when you are a Speech and Language Pathologist working in North Carolina (in a poor costal area).


When I go to pull a child from his classroom, you never know what kind of haircut he may get overnight. Here is a student of mine who got a mohawk! I was laughing so hard, but I still managed to take front and side-view pictures with my palm pilot!


Also, I have to go to see a child at his home. He lives off a long and bumpy dirt road. This is not the problem, but when I try to leave the dirt road and turn onto the street to head home, I get atttacked by this turkey (or whatever)! Every time I'm there, it makes a beeline for my car and runs in front of it so I can't pull out! I was very cautious at first, but now that it's been almost 8 months of a crazy-attacking turkey, I'm now aiming to hit it and send the meat home to my Dad! :o) Tanya


Comments:
Want a turkey too?!
 
Cute pictures Tanya. One of my kids came to school with a mohawk too. It's always the sweet innocent ones too...
Marni (yumm, I like Turkey)
 
T-
I think you should support your students and get a mohawk, too! You're so pretty that you could carry it off! :)
We miss you around here; hope you can visit the cottage this summer!
Love,
Kristen
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?