Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

News from Auckland

Hey Everyone! Thought I'd give you guys a quick update (without pictures again...sorry, they will be up soon I promise!). I'm in my apartment in downtown Auckland. It's a 4 bedroom...kind of small, but it's pretty nice. I live with my friend Ashley (who is from Grand Rapids), a 25 year old German guy, Max, and a 26 year old Japanesse Kiwi (Kiwi = New Zealander) named Miho. They are really nice, and we're having a lot of fun.

A few days ago, I went Zorbing. It is where you are with 2 other people, climb in a big hamster type plastic ball, and roll down a hill. It was "sweet as" (that's local kiwi talk for ya). The past couple of nights, I have gone out to eat on the town with a bunch of people. Auckland is GREAT! Lots to do and see and the people are very friendly. Oh, and I also purchased my first legal alcoholic beverage (don't worry, it was only one drink...I PROMISE!!!)

Today, Ashley and I attempted to go grocery shopping. Didn't know it was going to be that hard. I spent like 10 minutes picking out butter. haha I guess I'll just have to figure out what I like, but it might take awhile.

I promise to post pictures SOON!!! It's taken awhile to get internet and phone usage in my apartment. Just FYI (and if you want to update the family mailing list), here is my address and phone number:

Unilodge Apt 503
138 Anzac Ave.
Auckland, New Zealand (There is no zip code)

Apartment Phone Number: 336-7422
Cell phone number: 021-533-191

The country code for New Zealand is 0064 (or 064...not sure if it makes a difference).

Hope all is well in the States! Miss you all!!

Love, Lisa

Comments:
To my sister, the world traveler!
We're so glad you're having fun and meeting lots of people...
David is quite jealous, especially since his mountain bike mag just did a spread on New Zeeland that was so gorgeous! We miss you here...
You're in our prayers to stay safe and have a great time!
Love you,
Kristen, David and Levi
 
Hi Lis!!! We miss you! I can't wait to see some pictures---and hear more about your adventures (the rolling in giant hamster ball things sounds like it was a great time).

Hope to hear from you soon---love ya!
 
Just throwing it out there...I'm jealous and I'm not afraid to admit it!
 
Sounds like an adventure! Post pictures soon! ~Tanya
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?