Thursday, February 16, 2006

 

Into the desert we go!

Marni and I are headed to Moab, Utah this weekend for my birthday on the 19th. We are going with a friend of Marni's (Shaina) and her boyfriend (Andy), trying to at least escape the current snow storm here in Denver and get some sunshine.

Andy and I are joining 5 riders from Salt Lake City to do the White Rim trail on Saturday. It's a beautiful 100 mile long mountain bike ride in Island in the Sky park. I will take some pictures on the ride and post them here but these pictures have been my inspiration to do the ride. They were taken by another rider on the winter solstice and are some of the sights we'll see as we start before dawn and drop into the canyon at first light.




The girls should have some great pictures from Marni's good camera too from their hiking trips while we're out in the desert for 10 hours or so. Sunday Andy and I are going to ride into the La Sal mountains on the road bikes for a shorter ride and then come back and do some more hiking with the girls in Arches National park.

Comments:
Have fun in Moab! David, Kristen, Ben and I went a couple years ago. Kristen and I actually "completed" the Slickrock practice loop. ha ha. We're pretty sweet riders, so you better watch out.
 
What a beautiful ride to take! I hope that you had fun
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?