Friday, January 27, 2006

 

Update on Grandma...

Hi Everyone,
I'm sure you all know by now that Grandma has a fairly large kidney stone (1 cm)...
For those of you who haven't been updated, I just talked to my mom who was with Grandma and others at the hospital today...
Because the kidney stone is so large, Grandma can't pass it naturally. So, the doctors are going to "blast" it, and then Grandma will have to pass the pieces of the stone. However, the equipment that does the "blasting" only comes to the hospital every three weeks, and it was just there last Friday. So, Grandma has to wait 2 weeks (or longer if the waiting list is full) to have that procedure done. While waiting, though, it is very painful to have the stone outside the kidney in her "tube" (sorry to those who are medically-inclined, I'm just using the terms Mom gave me :)). Therefore, the doctors pushed the stone back into Grandma's kidney and put a stint there so it won't come out until they perform the "blasting" procedure.
Anyhow, Grandma is home as of tonight, and Mom said that she should feel fine, although could be nauseous...
Keep her in your prayers, as I'm sure you are. If I hear anything more, I'll put it in the comments of this post and y'all feel free to do the same.
Take care...
Kristen

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?