Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Grandma to be a celebrity?

Just thought I'd let y'all know that I emailed the editor at the Kalamazoo Gazette today about Grandma and our family. I noted how many kids, grandkids and great-grandkids she has, the amazing things she still does at 86, our Christmas Eve tradition, and even a bit about Grandpa and his role as a leader in the church and owner of a local company. I must give credit where it's due: This was Kim's idea! I'll keep everyone posted if the Gazette contacts me...I tried to sell the story as best I could, noting some of the schools some of us have attended, jobs we hold (including "proud" stay-at-home mamas!), and that we actually know one another and enjoy spending time with each other! So, soon, we may all be famous! Hey Jackie and Bob, maybe they'd like a picture of all of us on the big boat?! :)

Comments:
Kristen, that is a great idea---I feel so lucky to become part of such a great (and mind you HUGE) family---keep us all posted!!!
 
Hey- Let me know how this turns out. What a great idea- I'm so excited!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?