Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

Funny Kindergarten Quote of the Day

The random things that kids say during the day, is one of the best parts of my job. Today was no exception. I was sitting with one of the few non-hispanic kids (she's Hmong -- an Asian culture) after school, waiting for someone to come pick her up. Her name is Shiva. Picture this tiny little Kindergartener -- much shorter than most of them and super cute. She's totally random most of the time (partially due to the language barrier and partially because that's just her personality). So anyway, we're sitting by the front office, and I am attempting to make small talk so she doesn't let it sink in that her cousin walked home and forgot her. This is our conversation (keep in mind two things: she is totally serious saying this and her brother is a baby):

me: So, Shiva, where do you think your library book is at home, remember, library is on Thursday.
Shiva: You know my brother pulled down his pants and I saw his weeny.
me: hmmm, ok.
Shiva: yep.

Hahaha. Made my day. It's always funny to watch someone actually use the word "weeny" in a sentence without thinking twice or laughing. I wasn't quite sure what to say to that one. I dropped the library book subject all together...

Comments:
I think Marni's Chris should get an award for having the most free time on his hands to be able to blog as many comments as he can to keep this large family updated!
 
"Chris" is either me or Chris -- I made an attempt to set up my own name but then ended up forgetting the log-in. We wish we had as much time on our hands as you make it sound... :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?